Teacher Education Licensure Data
The University of Utah’s Teacher Education program has received full accreditation status through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for its initial licensure programs in Elementary, Secondary and Special Education.
CAEP is nationally recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The University of Utah’s program is among a select group of preparation programs in the nation with CAEP recognition.
The Teacher Education Program offers an initial licensure program in:
- Elementary Education (https://uite.utah.edu/programs/elementary/, https://uite.utah.edu/programs/early-childhood-k-3/)
- Secondary Education (https://uite.utah.edu/programs/secondary-6-12/)
- Special Education (https://special-ed.utah.edu/undergraduate/index.php)
4 CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
- Measure 1: Completer effectiveness. (R4.1) Data addresses: (a) completer impact in contributing to P-12 student-learning growth AND (b) completer effectiveness in applying professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
- Measure 2: Satisfaction of employers and stakeholder involvement. (R4.2, R5.3) Data addresses employers' satisfaction with program completers.
- Measure 3: Candidate competency at completion. (R3.3) Data addresses the measures the Teacher Licensure Program is using to determine if candidates are meeting program expectations and ready to be recommended for licensure.
- Measure 4: Ability of completers to be hired. Data addresses the positions for which completers have hired and prepared.