Teacher Education Licensure Data
The University of Utah’s Teacher Education program has received full accreditation status through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for its initial licensure programs in Elementary, Secondary and Special Education.
CAEP is nationally recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The University of Utah’s program is among a select group of preparation programs in the nation with CAEP recognition.
The Teacher Education Program offers an initial licensure program in:
- Elementary Education (https://uite.utah.edu/programs/elementary/)
- Secondary Education (https://uite.utah.edu/programs/secondary-6-12/)
- Special Education (https://special-ed.utah.edu/undergraduate/index.php)
8 CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
- Impact of P-12 learning and development
- Indicators of teacher effectiveness
- Satisfaction of employers and employment milestones
- Satisfaction of completers
- Graduation rates
- Abilities of completers to meet licensing (certification) and any additional state requirements; Title II
- Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they prepare
- Student loan default rates and other consumer information