The University of Utah Reading Clinic (UURC) offers students the opportunity to complete their field practicum work for the Reading Methods classes in the summer. All students should note that they should either have already taken or be concurrently enrolled in the Reading Methods class, ED PS 5321: Reading Methods II: K-6 Vocabulary and Comprehension Instruction, to participate in the UURC class. This option is only available in the summer. Students needing to complete EDU 5316 or EDU 5321 in either fall or spring semesters will still need to register using the UITE Permission Code form and CIS.
Students wanting to participate in EDU 5321 for summer 2021: Should ensure that they have a valid USBE background check by checking their CACTUS account.
Students wanting to enroll in EDU 5321 for fall 2021: Should ensure that they have a valid USBE background check by checking their CACTUS account. Permission Code request forms for fall 2021 will be available Monday, April 12 at https://uite.utah.edu/students/background-check/.
Please ensure that you have concurrently enrolled for summer 2021 or already taken and passed ED PS 5321. Please follow the directions below to enroll.
- Please go to https://uurc.utah.edu/.
- Click on UURC Coursework tab on the left hand side of the screen, it is gray.
- Click on Course Registration.
- Click on Higher Steps Model (this is EDU 5321).
- Please ensure that you read everything on this page as vital information is given (i.e. training and course dates, registration, etc).
- When you are ready to register, please select EDU 6/5644-030. This is the equivalent of EDU 5316. The course is credit/no credit just as EDU 5316 is. Do not register for EDU 5644-040.
- Ensure that you have completed the USBE background check. If you don’t know if you’ve completed one, please go to the CACTUS website. If you are unsure if yours is still clear once you have checked the CACTUS website, please contact email@example.com. Students should remember that USBE background checks are valid for 5 years pending nothing occurring to invalidate a check.
- To register please complete the form at the bottom of the page and make sure that you click on: I am taking this course to fulfill a reading methods practicum requirement. This will ensure that you register for the correct section.
- All students should note that payment for the course is due upon registration. Payment for the class is paid directly to UURC and is not part of your University of Utah tuition bill that you receive from Accounts Payable. Payments for the course can be made at the UURC Shopping Cart. Questions regarding payment should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students should note the following information. It is expected that you are aware of it:
- Participants must be present for all training days (June 15, 16, and 17), the last 2 days of clinic (July 21 and July 22), and may not miss more than a total of 2 clinic sessions. No exceptions! Participants who do not meet these attendance requirements will not receive credit for the course.
- Dates & Times:
Training: June 15, 16, and 17 (12:30 – 4:00 p.m.)
Clinic: June 22 – July 22, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, 12:30 – 4:00 p.m.
University of Utah Reading Clinic
5242 South College Drive, Suite 100
Murray, UT 84123
- Lead Trainer:
Wendy Wittwer (801 265-3951, email@example.com)Note: Each participant will need to prepare materials that must be brought to the first and all subsequent sessions. See course syllabus for details.For questions about registering for the class please contact UURC or the trainer Wendy Witter.