Students must apply separately, yet simultaneously, to the UITE and either ECS or ELP. This lists refers to the UITE application process for secondary licensure. Please refer to the ECS and ELP supplemental information for details on their respective application deadlines and procedures for applying to Graduate School.
The deadline to apply to the UITE for the graduate secondary program is February 1st.
Please submit all application materials on one sealed envelope. Details of each requirement are described in the program summary.
- Application for Admission to Secondary Licensure Program with Master’s Degree
You may type directly onto this form online and print it for submission.
- Statement of Professional Purpose (two-three pages).
- Current and official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, including the the University of Utah.
- Full score reports (3 pages) of the Praxis II Content Knowledge Tests in the content areas you wish to teach.
- Departmental Major/Minor Sign-off forms.
- Three letters of recommendation, one each area: Content Academic, General Academic, Teaching & Working with Youth.
- Complete a background check and fingerprinting through the Utah State Office of Education.
Due to the competitive nature of our programs, meeting minimum admission standards does not guarantee acceptance. Preference will be given to students who will teach in areas of greatest need, and those with a teaching minor in addition to their teaching major.